Sliding doors enjoy a lot of popularity among most property owners. They’re used in both domestic and commercial settings. They’ve been in use for more years than hinged doors. Traditional sliding doors had a crude design.
Luckily, innovation in technology and engineering have led to the development of a wide range of tracks systems. With the numerous options available, it can be quite confusing to choose the right tracks for your sliding door.
Some of the considerations to make when choosing tracks systems
- The level of security required
- Exterior or interior use
- The required wideness of the door
- Whether the door will tuck away into a wall cavity or not
If you’re choosing doors that can connect the indoor space into the deck or patio, then consider sliding doors. They comprise of glass panels fitted in a frame.
Most of them feature an aluminium frame. They slide along a track when opening or closing them. Some of the doors also come with a separate sliding fly screen.
The sliding panel and fly screen slide over a fixed panel. While these doors are a great choice, you can choose from newer systems that may suit your needs better such as:
- A frameless glass sliding door for unobstructed panoramic views.
- Sliding doors with track mechanisms that allow for a wider passageway. You can also find a design option with several doors that open simultaneously.
- Tilting sliding doors can be tilted to allow for ventilation while still keeping the door shut or slide the door to open it for traffic. The door can be left shut while tilted to allow for both ventilation and security whenever you’re away from home.
One of the most preferred types of sliding doors is pocket doors. These doors are also known as cavity doors. Most pocket doors have a hollow core.
They’re used with top track systems. Some designs are heavy and use heavy-duty door tracks. You can also find special locking systems and flat handles.
Sliding doors are also available in a double or single cavity design. These designs are available in both timber and glass panels.
They have well-engineered tracks such that you can easily open or close the door regardless of its weight. You can also find tracks for double cavity doors for installation in an angled wall.
As you can see, there’s a wide variety of sliding door track systems available today. The different options available make it possible for sliding doors to meet different preferences. Thus, you can find a design option that will suit your preferences.
Hire Aluminium Sliding Door Experts in Sydney
Looking for a sliding door specialist in Sydney? Contact our team today for a free consultation and quote with regards to aluminium sliding doors. Go here https://aluminiumwindowsanddoors.net.au/sliding-doors-sydney/ for more information.